Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Relaxing

I went to the dentist the other day. The hygienist asked if I grind my teeth at night. It was also the first thing the dentist asked when she looked in my mouth. Hm.

I've never been told that before. The hygienist said if I'm not hearing anything at night then I might be clenching my teeth when I'm awake. She said that grinding makes an awful noise.

I've never noticed a noise or felt myself grinding my teeth at night, but I had noticed a sharp spot on a tooth. I didn't know what happened, but the dentist pointed out that sharp spot as a chipped tooth and evidence of grinding or clenching.

I guess I need to relax more.

I'm having a little trouble relaxing.

By 8:30 each night, I'm ready to relax. I want all the children to be in bed. Reading quietly if not sleeping. Sometime around 8 my patience goes away. I feel like punching a time card and calling it a day. I feel really bad when someone just wants a drink of water/a hug/an extra kiss or a 'good night!' and I snap at them because I just want to be left alone.

Maybe I need to start running or at least exercising again. Running seemed to help me with stress.

Or maybe I need to learn to meditate. I need something.

Apparently clenching my teeth isn't doing much for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Running is good. It helps me.