Monday, March 21, 2011

Long Day

I'm not done with my chores for the night.  I'm almost done cleaning up the kitchen.  It's 9:20 or so.  I need to make lunches for the kids.  I'm not sure where my nightly "me" time has gone, but I don't seem to get it anymore.  I really need about 30 minutes or so to just sit.  Read.  Relax.  Do nothing.  But I really like to get it between 9 and 10.

My plan for the next 30 minutes is to unload the dishwasher, load what can be loaded, wash what can't, make lunches from I'm not sure what, and go lay down.  That or I'll just say the kids can buy a lunch tomorrow.  I just don't like to do that.  But now that I'm thinking of it, I should have bought apples at the store today because I don't think I have any fruit for them.

Anyway, usually at this time of night when I finally have everyone in bed - at least faking sleep - I'm not quite finished with my chores.  And I feel a little guilty for not reading with Alan before bed because we always read with the girls.  And I wonder if I don't read with Alan because he doesn't like it as much as they did, or if he doesn't like it as much as they did because I don't read with him as much.  Because he has seemed to enjoy the times we've read from The Wimpy Kid books.

And now I'm wondering if I'm just too tired to think straight so I better go finish up.  I also need to put sheets on the bed, because i washed them today.  Bummer.

1 comment:

Andrea_Ben said...

I hate when I realize that I don't have sheets on the bed - especially if I was ready to climb in by the time I realized it. Ugh. I say save the dishes until morning sometimes and make the time to sit and do something enjoyable, you deserve it!