Friday, June 15, 2012

Quiet Time

I've been hunting around the internet this morning looking for sewing inspirations.  I want to thin out my fabric stash.  A few weeks ago I cut up some old flannel receiving blankets with the idea to make a quilt, but I haven't gone much farther than sewing them into 4-square blocks.  It seems boring.  I can't decide how to proceed, so I stuck the stack in my "project basket" and try not to think on it too much.

I have some summer dress ideas for the girls - and they've got their friends making requests.  By the time I get them made I'm sure summer will be over.  That alone should be enough to get me moving on the projects, but it doesn't seem to be working well.  I'm frozen knowing that the fabric I have that they love I don't have enough of for a dress.  And I don't want to buy more fabric until I've used what I have.  Maybe I should get over the wanting to make it from fabric they LOVE and aim to make it from fabric they will wear.

Jillian is showing slight interest in the toilet.  So I'm showing slight interest in moving her into training pants, at least for part of the time.  We have been using cloth diapers, but sometimes rely on paper ones.  Lately it feels like I'm only putting her in paper ones.  Maybe if I sewed up some pull on, rather absorbent, training pants she could wear under the diaper covers then diaper changes would be quicker or easier.  Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

I've added a few sewing blogs to my Reader feed, hoping to be inspired enough to put the sewing machine back on the table.  So far I'm still sitting here at the computer though.

And finally, my thumb hurts.  My mother tells me it's probably arthritis.  Great.  I keep hoping that tomorrow it will be all better.  So far, no luck.

And now Jillian is up.  So no sewing for me.  And no more computer, either. 

No comments: