Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy (early) Birthday, Holly!


Yesterday we had our family dinner party for Holly's birthday. The evenings up to Friday when the kids go to Oliver and then to Arizona for Thanksgiving, are all booked up with choir and basketball and acting workshop. Jillian had to rest up for the festivities.
Holly has been wanting the new Wimpy Kid book. She really wanted to buy it from the book fair at school, but I really wanted her to have the hardback copy. And she got it yesterday. And she finished it before bed.
She also got the Jackie Evancho cd that came out yesterday. She's amazed by the 10 year old with the beautiful voice. I am certain that with some training Holly could sound just like Jackie. And I'm hoping to get to hear her sing along with the cd. Often.
Holly's dinner request was lamb chops, rice and lima beans, bread dumplings, a big cookie cake, mint chocolate chip and rocky road ice creams, and marshmallow fluff. So I made the ice creams into an ice cream cake. Alan got to put the candles on the cookie for her.

I admit, I've thought of Holly as being 8 for awhile now. It's a habit I started back when she was less than a year and a half and I told a stranger at a playground that she was 2. And now that she really is 8 I wish I'd thought of her as 7 for longer. So I'm going to try really hard not to advance her age in my mind this year. In fact, for the next 9 days I'm thrilled she's still 7.

No comments: