Friday, February 25, 2011

Fresh Perspective

Over last weekend my mom and I painted the living room and dining room and down the hall.

Sean said I could pick the color. I decided not to protest that.

The living room has a vaulted ceiling, so we left 2 walls and part of a 3rd for another time, but I don't feel a rush to get to them because I'm so happy with the new look.

The walls were green. And on a bright sunny day, when the windows were clean and the sun was shining in them it was a pretty color and the room was sort of light. Kind of. On a regular day, the house felt dark to me.

Now I almost feel like I'm walking around a different house. We did also take out 2 rockers and push the sofa away from the wall, and I think it also gives the room a new - and more spacious - feel. The kids came home from being with O and exclaimed they liked it and wanted the furniture to stay that way with no prompting from me.

Granted, there are fewer places to sit, but rarely was every chair filled anyway. And the rockers always (to me of course) felt kind of in the way. One in the way of the door and the other in the way of moving around the dining table. I'm not sure the seating we have left is perfect, but it works and that's good enough for me right now.

1 comment:

Andrea_Ben said...

I love a freshly painted room!!! I also love furniture pulled out from walls - looks like a cozy living room to spend some time in :-)