Monday, February 27, 2012

Hope.

I like the word 'hope'.  Interesting that just thinking the word makes me feel a little peaceful inside.

I watched the Oscars last night.  Or I watched most of them.  I thought the show was entertaining.  I thought the dresses were pretty.  I thought all the tuxes looked the same and I don't understand the real differences from one to another. 

I thought there were a lot of movies up for awards that I had no clue existed.

I thought the maybe those people accepting awards for makeup were once like Julia.  When they made their speeches and said they'd loved the movies and making characters since they were young I could see her up there saying that.  Maybe I should cut her some more slack for her makeup love and be supportive.  Then tonight when I sent her to wash her face for bed, she washed off the makeup and proceeded to make herself up like Snow White.  So I smiled as I told her that in general washing off the makeup for bed meant also not reapplying makeup.  And she grinned and shrugged and slunk off to take it off again.

I hope if it's in her cards to do something wonderful in her life that I don't do something to screw it up.  I hope she succeeds despite me.

I wonder how normal a thought that is.

No comments: