Friday, March 9, 2012

Anyone seen a pair of glasses? Maybe in a funny looking case?

Julia has lost her glasses.  But she doesn't like me to say that.  She says she hasn't lost them, she just doesn't know where they are exactly.

She lost the first pair just a few weeks after we got them.  We bought one of those "2 pairs for $70 with a free eye exam" deals.  I even bought insurance.  The insurance doesn't cover losing them, but when she put a cotton ball with nail polish remover on top of her glasses on her desk and the remover ate the plastic frames, it would have covered that.  She didn't seem to care too much about the blemish.  I don't think she was wearing them much.

But now she's officially lost both pairs.

So I grounded her from makeup til she finds them.

And she's been fine with it.  She hasn't asked or whined or snuck makeup at all in the weeks since she was grounded.  This morning she had some on, and when I asked her if she found her glasses she just said 'Okay, I'll go wash it off!'.

Her teacher noticed something was different about her eyes.

Julia says the skin around her eyes is softer since she hasn't been wearing it.

I'm a little more willing to treat her as the child she is when she looks more her age.

All good things.

Not sure what we're going to do about the glasses yet...
I wish she knew beauty radiates from the inside out.  I'm hoping a little time without makeup will give her time to see herself differently.  We'll see.

No comments: