Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Where was I?

What day is it?

I feel like I have forgotten something most of the time.  But so far so good.

A few weeks ago, I started babysitting a little girl regularly.  She's about Jillian's age - as in she turned one on Valentine's Day - and she just started walking.   I can't remember if I blogged about it, and I'm too lazy to check before I launch into a possible repeat of a story.  Oh well.

It's been fun.  It's nice to have her here to help me and Jillian stay on a semi-schedule.  It's fun to see Jillian interact with her, and her with Jillian.  Jillian wants to hug her and kiss her a lot - and sit on her when possible.

And it's been a long time since I got anything like a paycheck and it's really nice to get paid for what I do all day. 

Besides that, I'm starting an etsy store.

So far I've posted 2 things.  Baby hats.  How appropriate since they are the first things I learned to knit.  I hate pricing things.  I told the woman I babysit for that I had no idea what to charge.  She told me what they could afford to pay, and I said great. 

Too bad etsy doesn't work like that.  I guess then it would be ebay.  And probably I wouldn't get offered much for my baby hats.

If you happen to want to check out my "store", it's called HappyKnittingPurls. I'm planning to just post things as I knit and see what happens.  I haven't made a banner yet.  And I'm a little confused about collecting and paying sales tax.  I'm sure I'll learn as I go.  

I washed my cell phone over the weekend.  In the washing machine.

This time I had it in my robe pocket and decided my robe needed a wash.  In my defense I was coming off some kind of 24 hour bug.  I remembered it before the washer finished filling, but the robe was first into the tub.  So that phone is in the rice, and I turned on the other phone I washed and revived in rice for a week.  It works really well - except the '7' key doesn't work.  So I can't check my voicemail and I can only call people who don't have a '7' in their number or have called me lately or are in the contacts already.  And it's no fun to text when I feel like I'm playing a board game trying to reword everything to something that doesn't use a 'p', 'q', 'r', or 's'.

Now I'm sure there's something I should be researching on the computer and that's why I turned it on... wonder what that was...

No comments: