Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ramblings

"Mom, if you want me to eat spinach, put it on a pizza!"

Alan ate seconds of the spinach and goat cheese pizza a few weeks ago.  It was from the frozen section of the grocery - Palermo brand on the ultra thin crust I think.  The next time we had pizza I tried to recreate it with a homemade version - well, I made a white pizza with spinach on it.  It wasn't the same to him.  He wanted the kind with the square cheese.

So I finally found a white pizza with spinach in the frozen foods and I added the goat cheese ($4.69 for the pizza, $4 for the cheese).  He filled up on pepperoni before the spinach pizza was cooked.  I liked it, though.

Then Sean brought home a spinach and feta pizza from the grocery.  He liked it.

My thoughts on the whole thing are - Walmart had goat cheese for $2 in the same amount that BiLo had it for $4; I should probably try making a garlicky sauce for the pizza and it might be tastier than just drizzling olive oil; I wish I could make that ultra thin crust at home; and even if we know we're being semi-tricked into doing something, it still is better when it's packaged prettily.

No comments: