Saturday, October 13, 2012

Lunch Bags

Awhile back, I made a few lunch sacks.  Julia had been taking her lunch to school in a paper bag which did not lend itself to a cold pack very well.  I don't remember her complaining about the cheese stick being soggy or anything, but I didn't feel good about sending her with things I thought should at least be kept cool.

So I took a few old canvas shopping bags from World Market, a few zippers, and an old sweatshirt for insulation, and made some sacks.

Last year we had a little trouble with her remembering to bring a reusable bag home.  

 Her locker had a putrid smell for months after she left a sandwich in there long enough for it to turn green before she brought the bag home.

So washable was on my list of important aspects of the new lunch bag.
I made two small ones and this larger one I have packed with snacks for a car trip for us all.  And it has  been nice to have a backup bag to send with Julia, and hers has been washed more than once.

Now I'm trying to decide on how to tweak my design to make it not so purse-like that Alan will eventually not want to carry one like it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.