Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mock Meet

The swim team had a fun meet at practice this week.

Julia was excited about it.  Holly did not want to compete (a feeling I think she may have partly gotten from being my daughter).  And Alan wasn't really sure what was going on.

I forgot to fill out the paper picking events for them.  When I was a swimmer, I don't remember it ever being my choice what or how much I swam.  I'm sure if I asked what they want to swim it won't always match up with what they would swim best.  So, the coach ended up picking their events - and also the events for a lot of other swimmers who also did not turn in the sheet on time.

 I think, because Holly and Alan were reluctant to participate, she only put them in 2 events.  They both swam freestyle and backstroke.  Julia swam freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly.  I am pretty sure she and one other boy were the only ones in her age group to sign up for the 50 fly.
 They have all improved a lot since they started swimming.  And they all did really well in their heats.
 Parent volunteers were the timers.
 I was the only parent to cheer on my swimmers.
So it was kind of a quiet meet all in all.  But it was fun to watch, and good for them to go through the motions of it all.

I signed them up for the next season which starts in November.  They'll get to swim in an indoor pool, but otherwise it will be the same coaches and people.

No comments: