Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Next project?

I didn't sew anything today.  The sewing machine is still sitting on the table though.  And there is still a basket of fabric sitting near the machine on the table so I can turn it into something fabulous when I get the inspiration.  I wish the inspiration would come.

I have been asked to make some Halloween costumes.  Only, she can't really make up her mind what she wants to be.  And when I ask her to sketch out what she wants me to sew it includes things like - this part should be gold sequins and this part should be lace.  Hm.  Great attention to detail, only I don't usually keep a lot of black lace and gold sequins in my stash.  How about a cool teenage witch costume made with baby ducks fabric?  I can do that!

I have also been asked to make costumes for Julia's drama club performance.  Only I'm not sure what kind of costumes they are wanting and not sure how many or what size anyone is - or when the performance will be.  Minor details, really.

Not to mention I have a few unfinished projects tucked into my stash - a quilt to make from old receiving blankets.  Or a few doll quilts instead of a quilt.  That seems to be the decision I need to make in order to finish the quilt(s).  A t-shirt dress half cut out for Jillian.  Cut from a black t-shirt.  I'm not excited about a black t-shirt dress.  I should embellish it with something colorful or funky.  Or at least plan to embellish it.  Maybe the planning will inspire me to finish it.

I do like the thrill of seeing my stash pile go down.

I know I have been texting too much when I get the urge to end every sentence with a smiley face :)  So you will know I'm not grumpy while I'm complaining :)  Smiley faces seem to make everything I type okay :)

Maybe I'm tired.

Good night.  :)

1 comment:

rerick said...

:) back at ya! Loving your recent posts on your creative outputs. Inspiring me to combine the oil cloth and lunch bag into an oil cloth lunch bag....!