Sunday, January 27, 2019

Who Am I

I like Facebook.  Or I used to.

I like to scroll through the pictures and test myself on how long it takes me to recognize someone in them.  I like to scroll past memes and guess who posted it and then scroll back and see if I'm right.

There used to be a lot more personal stuff in my feed.  Then I followed some less personal, more hobby type,  pages.  Now there's a lot of ads and a lot of news stories and editorials and just a sprinkling of personal stuff.  I guess that's okay.  I suppose it could be Facebook algorithms hiding the personal stuff from me.  Or it could be that most of the people I know post as infrequently as I do.  And how can I get upset about that?

In the limited amount of personal stuff I see on Facebook, I see a lot of pretty strong opinions posted, usually in few words and with pictures.  Some of it I find surprising.  And a few times I want to unfriend the person who continuously posts stuff I just don't agree with. 

But then I stop and think - if I unfriend them, they won't see my stuff either.  So maybe I should just post more of my own opinions instead of getting irritated at theirs.

But I haven't. 

I haven't found the right few words with a pretty picture to sum up my thoughts.

No comments: